Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Packing



After having been away from our families and friends for 3 years, we are finally returning home! I decided that NOW is the perfect time to start a blog...a little late. As my husband pointed out, I should have done it 3 years ago, or at least 18 months ago when Jacob was born, but I say better late than never!

It's spring in Virginia! This is officially the latest I've ever stayed in Charlottesville and I'm thoroughly enjoying experiencing spring in the south! It smells so rich and the trees, expecially the dogwoods, are gorgeous with their tiny buds and flowers blooming on their branches.

We're starting to pack up our apartment. It's such a strange feeling to be packing up our earthly treasures and knowing that the next time I see them will be in California! We've had such an adventure here in Virginia and it's bittersweet to see it coming to an end. Our apartment, while small and old, was where Jon and I started our married life together and where we brought baby Jacob home after he was born. So many precious memories took place here.

2 comments:

carol ayumi hardy said...

no kidding; you're returning so soon! when will you all be back?! there's a good chance we'll all be down in the OC in a couple weeks-- mother's day weekend actually. will you guys be there by then?

Heidi said...

I can't tell you how thrilled we are that you are coming home, and for good! We look forward to hanging out with all of you very soon. I totally understand how you are feeling about your apartment. I had a hard time when we left our condo in Anaheim, especially because it was Kate's first home. Before we left we visited each room and tried to think of as many memories as we could about each one (all on videotape).